Saturday 22 January 2011

Perception and Communication

The definition of perception is the process by which individuals organise and interpret their sensory impressions in order to give meaning to their environment. [Robbins et al, 2010]
I used to work at Marks and Spencer, on my first day I was introduced to my manager; John.  My first impression of him was that I thought he was a friendly and helpful. This was all based on his attitude and actions towards me. He was always asking if I was alright, and asking if I knew what exactly I was doing.  As time progressed, he wasn’t so friendly as before. He then became rude and
dominant towards the stuff.  He quickly changed his attitude towards once I was settled into the work place.  I personally believe that the reason he was acting in that certain way so that i wouldn’t have a bad thing to say about the company and also to feel welcomed to Marks and Spencer’s.
Next time I am going to ensure that I will not make the same mistake again. The next person i meet i will have to take into account that the first impressions don’t always mean that is how they are as a person.
  

1 comment:

  1. You need to expand this blog, include the second task

    ReplyDelete